Questions on which microscope is best suited for your experiments? Contact Wendy Salmon
- Andor Revolution Spinning Disk Confocal, FRAPPA and TIRF system
- Andor iQ acquisition software and MetaMorph acquisition software
- Andor iXion+ EMCCD cameras for SDC and TIRF
- Andor Zyla sCMOS camera also for SDC
- Nikon Ti microscope with Perfect Focus System
- Excitation lasers: 405, 488, 561, 640nm
- RPI Spinning Disk Confocal
- MetaMorph acquisition software with Hammamatsu ORCA-ER CCD camera
- Excitation lasers: 405, 442, 488, 514, 561, 642nm
- Zeiss LSM 710 NLO Laser Scanning Confocal
- 3 spectral channel (filter free) laser scanning confocal
- 2 Non-descanned detectors for 2-photon detection
- Excitation lasers: 405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 594, 633nm + Coherent Chameleon Ultra II femtosecond pulsed-IR laser, tunable from 690-1064nm
- Zeiss LSM 700
Laser Scanning Confocal
- 2 detection channels
- Excitation lasers: 405, 488, 555, 639nm
Light Sheet Fluorescence Microscopy
- Zeiss Lightsheet Z.1
- 6 laser lines: 405nm, 440nm, 491nm, 515nm, 561nm, 640nm
- Compatable with aqueous clearing solutions
- Optics for imaging samples with refractive index of 1.33 (water) or 1.45 (CLARITY and similar clearing solutions).
Smart Clear II (not Pro) and Easy Gel CLARITY-based tissue clearing system (LifeCanvas Technologies)
LiveCell Stage-top Incubation Systems (Pathology Devices)
Imaris (Bitplane) for 3D rendering and analysis. Tutorials and webinars.
Huygens (SVI) for deconvolution of image stacks. Tutorials and theory.
Fiji package of ImageJ for basic image handling and anaysis. Tutorials and info.
Volocity (Perkin Elmer) for 3D rendering and analysis. Online training.
Electron Microscopes & Sample Prep
As of August 22, 2019, the Keck Facility no longer provides service, support or training for the electron microscopy equipment. The equipment will remain on-site for already trained users. For those requiring training or service, we recommend contacting the Peterson (1957) Nanotechnology Materials Core Facility at MIT's Koch Center or the MIT MRSEC electron microscopy core.
FEI Technai Spirit Transmission Electron Microscope
Jeol 5600LV Scanning Electron Microscope
- Leica Ultracut UC7 cuts 50-1000nm plastic sections
- Leica Ultracut UCT equipped with an EM FCS cryo stage
Cryostat (Leica CM3050 S) cuts 2-200µm frozen sections
Critical Point Dryer (Tousimus Autosamdri-815)
Sputter Coating System (Hummer 6.2)